Physician Careers with Coastal Medical
Teamwork. Excellence. Innovation. Support.
It's All Here.
Coastal Medical was formed in 1995 by doctors, for doctors; we remain privately owned and physician governed.
Our core mission is to provide high-quality care to our patients. Our structure allows
for much of the business of medicine to be managed, so our physicians can focus on the work—providing patients with exceptional care.
G. Alan Kurose, MD, President & CEO
Ways We Support our Physicians
Support in Your Practice
New physicians benefit from physician mentoring and a thorough onboarding process to ensure a smooth transition to Coastal. Your team in the office will include a pharmacist, nurse care manager, practice manager and dedicated medical assistant. Also, you can utilize a virtual scribe that allows you to focus more on your patients and spend less time on your computer.
Centralized Clinical Programs
Care teams proactively engage your high-risk patients between visits to achieve their personal healthcare goals. They reach out by phone or through a home visit to help patients manage chronic conditions—with remote patient monitoring available for diabetes, COPD and heart failure.
Ancillary & After-hour Services
Coastal provides your patients with timely and convenient access to evening, weekend and holiday sick visit appointments at Coastal365. Lab and imaging services are available seven days per week.
Coastal’s specialty physicians work with you to meet your patients’ needs, no matter how complex. From behavioral health to cardiology, pulmonary and musculoskeletal health, Coastal’s specialists are available to help you manage a range of conditions.
Centralized Administrative Support
Time-consuming administrative tasks—prior authorizations, medication refills, referral management, billing and quality assurance—are handled centrally for all practices. Coastal offices benefit from business support services, including human resources, marketing and finance. Our IT team is always on call to help you with any technical issues and provides training for the electronic health record and telemedicine.
Hospital / Skilled Nursing Facility Support
Our specialized teams serve as a liaison between you and your patients who have been admitted to an emergency department, hospital or skilled nursing facility, ensuring no one gets lost in the system.
Why Physicians Choose Coastal
- Strong infrastructure
- Work-life balance through team-based, outpatient-only practice model
- Excellent benefits (health, dental, retirement, vacation, malpractice and more)
- Longevity of patient relationships
Coastal Medical at a Glance
- 125 providers in 20 offices and growing
- Rhode Island's first Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) ACO
- 97.5% average MSSP quality score (2013-2017)
- Ancillaries include: 15 laboratory sites, Imaging Center, echo, stress tests, a sleep lab
- Outpatient-only practice model
- All practices are NCQA recognized and have achieved most up-to-date Meaningful Use measures
- Integrated Electronic Health Records (eClinicalWorks) in every office with in-house IT support
- 2012 Ambulatory Davies Award winners for exceptional use of health IT
In the News